The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

09 Lancer Ralliart Intercooler

Mark

The other day one of mechs was measuring a 09 i/c for bigger fitment. I was looking at the stock intercooler it looks like a real good fit for galants. I will take some picts but has one side pipe and one top pipe coming out which would work perfect for a vr4.

So keep look out for stock ralliart i/c.

Last edited:

EMX5636

IIRC it is the same FMIC that is on the 08 EVO X. If anyone wants any pics or measurements I have one at work thats out of our shop car. Only issue I could see with it without trying to fit it, is it is pretty tall. It might not fit behind the trim piece under the headlights...

Mark

No it's not they are different. They are pretty simular thou the evo x is a little bigger thou.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Post the measurements of the Ralliart one and I'll compare. Weird that they'd tool another I/C just for the RA...

Mark

If it's still off the car I will. Im sure we have a evo X one laying aorund to compare with also.. Let me see what we have at work.

Dialcaliper

It's unlikely that they tool their own with all of the myriad heat exchanger cores out there (Bell for example, makes them for any dimensions, in increments of as little as .2 inches) It's more likely they simply purchase one from whichever OEM supplier they choose with standardized end tanks, in which case the smaller unit ends up cheaper (kind of like the JDM VR-4 vs RS IC's).

Quoting EMX5636:
Post the measurements of the Ralliart one and I'll compare. Weird that they'd tool another I/C just for the RA...

IncorpoRatedX

reviving an old thread.

Anyone put an "RA" Lancer Ralliart FMIC on their GVR4 yet??

Ralliart is the top, EVOX is the bottom.
compare_intercoolers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew84

I was thinking about using one of these when I was building my car. If you flipped these around they would line up pretty well with the factory pipes I think.

IncorpoRatedX

thats the plan!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned