The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Airflow sensor CEL?

Romanova

Car just threw one. Only thing I have done is a trunk mounted battery. Unplugged and replugged the MAS and it still throws the code. Car idles fine but runs like sh*t when trying to drive it... kinda sounds like it has anti lag.

Any quick tips?

Romanova

Seems to be the same... when I reset the CEL and fire up the car, the moment the CEL pops back up the idle dips and it idles kinda low... no change if I disconnect the MAS... which is a 2g by the way.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Wired correctly?

Romanova

Quoting keydiver:
Put a logger on there and check the MAS Hz. It sounds like the MAS is bad.

Whats the normal reading for a working MAS?

It is wired correctly... been running it for awhile now... just popped up the CEL yesterday out of the blue.

Romanova

Hmmm... looks like a solid zero

Have to check the wiring, though the harness I made forever and a day ago seems solid...

Romanova

Still have this issue. Swapped in another 2G MAS and that didn't fix the problem. I did a trunk battery install and thought I might have bumped the ECU connections for the AFC... checked them all and they are solid. The next option I guess will be to try a new harness for the MAS... any other suggestions?

Car doesn't idle worth a crap in this condition and it drives like it's in limp mode...

Check the other voltages at the MAS. For the Karman Hz part it also needs the SENSORS GROUND and +12 volts from the MFI relay, if I recall. It could be that the +12 volts is missing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned