The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does anyone make or sell solid motor mounts?

onesickcrx

Just want to find or buy a set of solid motor mounts. Does anyone on here have a set or know of somewhere or some one that sells them?

Thanks

curtis

^they make nice stuff

gtluke

i'm working on making a set of aluminum ones. when i'm done i'll make them for sale.

Olson

I can put you in contact with someone that makes or has someone else make aluminum mounts for you.

onesickcrx

Well Prothane aren't 100% solid correct? Gtluke any idea as to when you'll be finshed with them? Olson yea that would be great pm me the info

Thanks to all I am still looking in case anyone else knows of more info

Don't know the Modern Performance guys, but these look nice:

click

They also have a slick 4G63 powered RX-7. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

click

NateCrisman

Quoting gtluke:
i'm working on making a set of aluminum ones. when i'm done i'll make them for sale.

your making aluminum brackets to replace the steel parts correct? And they will have the same ID hole as the stock steel brackets that would accept a prothane insert?

Or are you replacing the entire rubber/steel assembly with aluminum? In which as that hole position better be f***ing spot on!

JSchleim18

Quoting AWDSPYDER:
Don't know the Modern Performance guys, but these look nice:

click

They also have a slick 4G63 powered RX-7. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

click

Modern Auto is a good company. I've had good experiences with them.

Prothane mounts are about as solid as can be besides going with the solid metal mounts. I for one only have the front and rear mounts in. You will definately notice alot more engine vibration transfered into the cab of the car. I tried to keep it down as much as possible by only using the front and rear as my car is primarily a street car.

Its like 75-90 bucks for a set. How much the aluminum ones goin to be sold for?

onesickcrx

Yea I would love to buy a set from Modern Performance but I need solid mount with no give. Do our cars use the same front and rear mount as dsm's?

mitsuturbo

My experience with maperformance wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't horrible. I got a receipt for my order placement a WEEK after i placed it. I expected to have my product by the time i had gotten this receipt saying they'd finally processed my order. I was also pretty bent when i was given a tracking number for pistons and main studs, and i received a box containing only main studs. The pistons finally showed up a week later (well over 2 weeks after order placement) after i bitched about things taking so long. The guy i was in correspondence with was fairly understanding, took responsibility for processing my order so slowly, and apologized for the tracking/shipping issues. He also offered to discount my next order as a token of apology. Good business decision.

This is a hell of a lot more than i ever got from another company out of PA which i won't be mentioning the name of. I may actually deal with maperformance again. Like i said, my dealings with them weren't horrible, but the entire transaction wasn't nearly as smooth as ordering from FP or JayRacing. I've actually seriously been considering getting those mounts from them. I've not heard of others having problems with the company at all so i suppose the delays i experienced are not a common occurrence. At least my parts didn't show up broken like they did from another (very well known) company i will no longer deal with.

onesickcrx

I just called shep I dont think that will work eather little to much play. Still looking for some solid jammies

gtluke

once i have the mounts in a cad file i can easily just make them pure solid, or for the prothane inserts. i'll talk to utah tonight about when the hell he's going to finish that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned