GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » Re: #418/2000 restore & mod thread.
Previous thread Next thread

Re: #418/2000 restore & mod thread.

NateCrisman
Fisheye Hoodpins
418/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1230665 posted 07/30/16 09:08 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Quoting transparentdsm:

now that is something i would like to see. a dual stage meth kit ran through link, innovation baby!!! i wish link would make a meth/alky tab so all you needed was a solenoid and it could run off your map sensor, also allowing you to do boost and fuel, + or - by percentage. then you could run the AUTO Power/ECO switch to turn on and off meth and bring the tune back to a straight pump gas tune. the day i see this is the day ill def start to run meth. for now im gonna squeeze every thing i can out of the PTE6152e on the uncut 92 i can get locally.

Nate, would you mind if i asked you a few questions about tuning my personal set-up? Not asking you to tune my car, just asking for some guidance.

I really wish Link with 1G ecu had another programmable pulsewidth modulated output (like boost control logic) that you could use for a progressive alky activation. Run a BIG ASS meth nozzle and bring it in smoothly with boost and be able to have rudimentary tuning of meth flow at 500rpm intervals. That would also make a global fuel change work out, cause you can specify a global fuel change, then adjust the meth flow to be consistent with rpm.

honestly, this is basically what all the aftermarket progressive controllers already do, Id just much rather have it on-board and integrated into the datalogs and have the super fine tuning ability bs the controllers that are just two arbitrary knobs labeled start/full that tap into your map sensor. and you have to experimentally figure out what the activation points are.

anyway....I may just slap the M18 single nozzle on my car, wire up the Devil's Own progressive controller that came with the kit, and see if that helps with the stumbling and wet misfires.

As far as the eco switch/pump gas tune....I wouldn't ever bother. I would literally NEVER want to run the car hard on pumpgas only once I have the meth kit installed, Id never touch the button. If the kit failed or I ran out of meth...well...just don't go wot till you fix/refill. I wouldn't waste my time fooling around with the pumpgas only tune knowing Ill never run it. hahaha

It would also be a nice minor addition of DSMlink someday added a basic "cut off the boost control noid" that you could tie to the FPS/EGR/idle switch input. Basically, all the commonly available Failsafe methods integrate with link well, but there is no internal way to "kill the boost" internal to the ecu when your failsafe goes off and have it show on the log. Guess ill just put a relay inbetween one of the boost noid wires to cut out if the failsafe triggers.

GVR4 #418/2000: [email protected] - pump/alky -
GVR4 #431/1000: [email protected]+
GVR4 #139/1000: T3T4: [email protected] - 14B: [email protected] (sold)

www.PerformancePartout.com

Edited by NateCrisman (07/30/16 09:14 AM)

Posts: 2054 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Member Since: 11/22/08 | IP: (71.53.17.18) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 7143

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.086 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page