The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another vacuume thread... Sorry

tektic

I'm confused with the evap canaster. My tqlon only had one port on the top. My ggsx has 3. I can't find purge control valve anywhere. Is it built into the top of this canister?
31292-0-0-0.jpg

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If you use the original JDM TB, this makes it very easy to hook in.

Translated:

Another helpful view:

I used the 90 DSM TB, 1989 Colt charcoal canister (Fed Spec 1.6L turbo), and vacuum purge valve.
Using the DSM vacuum diagram, same as the Colt, I followed this chart to match it's vacuum routing. I had spare vacuum hoses from a 1991 Talon tear-down, so it helped a whole bunch.
No substitute for good OEM vacuum tubing and little plastic connectors and those spring pressure clamps.

The vacuum port from the TB with the white dot, is the red hash-marked vacuum tube that supplies the feed for the purge control valve.

img.php

You need to use the charcoal canister with at least 2-3 feeds on top. The one pictured here has:

Gas tank
Capped
Purge control

You have to use a minmum, single feed to vent the gas tank when it has to, period.
Purge, is secondary but a good idea to have there anyways ... I mean why not?? These are street cars for most people. Debatable.

Hope you have all the ports/pieces/vacuum hoses/connectors/solenoids to make this all work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

tektic

Thanks for the help. I just have to find a purge control valve. I don't think my car came with one. Maybe ill just cap the line and forget about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned