The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

trying to find a galant with xxr 962 wheels

turbowop

I'm sure he knows what they look like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I think he's looking for a pic of them on a GVR4.

blacksheep

Well, I will trump Curtis by getting it closer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

JadeSide02.jpg

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif jocularity jocularity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Who first quoted the phase above ....no google searches either

se7enine

Maybe don't limit your search to that exact brand, but just use 5 spoke with your search and you will see GVR4's with same style wheels. Enkei makes those too. As I'm sure others as well. Good luck

mitsuturbo

Those wheels are pretty darn heavy. All the XXR line is, IIRC.

They come in at nearly 22# for 17x7. Too heavy for my taste.

My 17x8's are a hefty 17#, and that's about the upper limit i was looking to get.

Enkei, SSR, and Kosei all make much lighter wheels, and most of them look good on a GVR4.

turbowop

17lbs is pretty light for a strong cast 17x8. My LM's are quite a bit heavier (albeit stronger), but I notice no difference with them on the car.

JNR

yeah, 17 lbs. on that size is not heavy.

I don't know what my 17's weigh in at, but they are ultra light (maybe like 15 lbs)...not as light as my drag stars on my 'velle of course, but for a newer 17, not bad.

presterone

I am not excited about xxr wheels at all. Everyone and their sister has them, however. At $400 shipped for brand new wheels that will look OK on my car I will consider them. And they are fairly light.

GSX_TC

Kosei K1's are pure sex. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned