The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Logger not logging, video posted

James

So i just purchased a second logger, because my first one for some reason wasnt reading. i plugged in the second one and same thing, serial comm error. when i unclick pause it just cycles through everything i have highlighted to read then repauses itself.

now im thinking maybe the male pins inside my diagnostics port are wrong? Can someone take a pic of their port or something? the palm side of the plug is plugging into (if looking at the diagnostics port) top left/bottom right/second up from bottom right. does that sound correct?

Last edited:

James

On hold till tomorrow, on palm number2 I had the wires plugged in wrong. Will update tomorrow... Hopefully it works

James

Still a bust when i hooked it up today, i took a 2min video to show what the palm was doing and show all of my connections. for everyone who missed the previous threads...

heres the video

click

90 galant gsx
92 talon motor/tranny/ecu swap
dont know if wiring harness was swapped or hacked

thanks.

Last edited:

James

I just testing it with a multimeter, im only getting voltage at pin1, pin10 i get zero. pin12 is zero and should be since its a ground, correct?

James

Im thinking that my wiring harness was not swapped, and was just modified. because wiring for pin3 (boost) is missing on the C61 ecu plug, makes sense for that to be missing on a factory non turbo car.

James

Good luck getting help. I'm still a lost ball in high grass

Memphetic

Hate to do a pitch here.. but.. if you have an Android device with bluetooth, I'm doing a group buy on MMCdroid hardware right now.

496of2000

The logger should work. What program are you using? The pocketlogger works from 89-94. My old fwd Laser turbo was built in 89. I bought it new June of 89. The Pocketlogger required a passcode to access the software on the palm3xe.

496of2000

Quoting Hondasi88:
im in the same boat...no connection here is a pic of my setup

This loggeer looks like its for OBD2.

EHmotorsports

You can see the notch in the connector. It is for a dsm or galant.

Hondasi88

Like someone else mentioned, checked your connection on your port. Mine had a few bent pins but after getting all those sorted out my logger setup finally works.

James

This has been solved. I got a second diagnostics port and I wired it in right at the ECU. Works perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned