The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator...how to setup a 2 wire or 1 wire alternator

alansupra94

I was wondering how exactly do I setup this alternator? It looks like a GM alternator but only has 1 wire for regulation and obviously the one wire for providing the power.

Here is a picture of the alternator.

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

Would I connect it to the "lamp wire" or a "12V switched source"?

Thanks,
Alan

alansupra94

Well after opening up I saw this.

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

Looks like the green wire goes directly to the alternator (two those two metal pieces with a copper wire connected to it).

What should I do? Keep it the way it is? Put it back to the normal 4 wire setup?

alansupra94

Well I figured out some of it.

I already bought a new D411-1 Voltage Regulator to replace the screwed up one that is in there. Any other comments?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned