The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Passenger Axle Retaining Ring

Dan D

A while back when I was tearing the car down, I had the snap ring on the axle get stuck in the tranny. It's finally time for thing to go back together and I need a new ring for the axle.

Anyone know the right size if they can be readily had at a hardware store or parts store?

rgeier11

First, did you get the old one out?

Second, I bet someone on here has a bad axle laying around that they can take the ring off and send you.

Terry Posten

I got two broken rear axles, if the diameter is the same, I can pull a ring off one of them.

Dan D

The tranny's been rebuilt since the "incident" and the missing chunk of ring was rescued and then scolded.

I've got to place an order for a few oem odds and ends. If it's not something someone has found at a local store, I'll just order one. I see in ASA there is a distinct part number for just the ring.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned