The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Have lift, Will travel

fivestardsm

Well the tractor got sold a while ago, so I no longer have my mobile engine picker. Honestly, I figured I would have replaced the old tractor by now, but oh well.
So I was trying to clean up the mess in the garage yesterday from a tear down from a wrecked car, and decided I needed another lift to get the trans and motor outside.

6 hours of fab work later..

GVR4_1057

That is awesome, it made me check your location , I was hoping it would say West Va. But upon further examination is is a step above WV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jepherz

Staff member
I swear someone just posted something similar a week ago. That's pretty cool, but the one problem I see with it is how large the main tires are, and how they won't fit under a low-enough car (probably what hertz was talking about). I think I've seen pictures of rigs where the large towing wheels end up being the back wheels of the hoist. Only downside to that way is that you would have to unhitch the trailer and tilt it down to use it. Makes it easy to tow around though!

mikus

that is awesome... any concerns with the negative tongue weight or the hydraulic system getting jarred when rolling? I suppose it's no big issue if you're only moving a bit...

fivestardsm

No, I don't belive it will fit under the car, I really just built it for moving engines out of the garage and to the storage. I have thought of possibly changing it up a bit, but haven't needed to yet. I'm sure I will change it sooner or later. I think I will cut the center of the axle out after I brace it, and then I can get closer to the engine and such.

As for going down the road, well I never intended on it going on the road really. It does pull nice tho because I did test it, but the engine gets the hoist to start bouncing. I am also debateing on building a low platform tray so I can actually set the motor down if I decide to transport one somewhere.

And as for the tounge weight, I amazed myself because I unhooked it from the jeep with the engine and trans on, and it was almost non exsistant. I could easily move the tounge around. So I guess I have the fulcrum point just about right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned