The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My 2011 vs 2014 setup.

bazeng

Hi Guys,

Thought this would be interesting to compare.
My GT35R setup vs my T51SPL setup.

I honestly still think my very first GT30 setup was the best.

GSX_TC

Congrats! That's a great time.

BpuVR4

details on the gt30 setup please...unless it's a secret.

ApexHunter

What happened towards the end of the run on 11/30? Looks like the more powerful setup started to die when it should have been starting to shine.

Wookalar

Am I reading that correctly? 101 mph trap vs 134 mph? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That's a huge improvement.

Spyke169

Wow, if I wasn't so sloppy, I would love to eat off that engine bay. Very clean.

ApexHunter

Quoting bazeng:
This is the result of a slipping clutch.

Now it makes sense.

cheekychimp

Barry,

When you say the GT30 setup was the best, what do you mean exactly? Better times at the track or better driveability?

If it's the latter then I guess it's just a case of deciding where your priorities are and building the car accordingly. That said if this is indeed a slipping clutch, then given all the money you have spent on this car already, wouldn't it be worth just putting in something that is going to hold the power?

If the clutch was holding do you still think it would return worse results than the GT30 and TP51SPL setups?

Paul

ApexHunter

Paul i think it has the T51R SPL in it at the moment.

Did it make 425 kw w/ slipping clutch? I agree with the above, get a proper clutch in there and go sick.

Fantastic build btw.,

Last edited:

cheekychimp

^^^ yeah, you are right, my bad.

But my questions remain the same, is this turbo just too laggy or would a stronger clutch allow this setup to shine?

bazeng

Hi All,

The clutch is a twin plate made in Australia. Direct clutch is the brand. Good clutch but unfortunately slip is sure either age, pressure plate needing more pressure or a problem with the launch clutch valve.

The gt3082 was purely the most fun on the street and I think would have run close to 400kw with e85.

I'm also running out of fuel pressure so I'm also upgrading my fuel pump.

The fun and games of cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned