The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dash on passenger side...foam starting to show..

Anyone else have this going on? Did you fix it or leave it? Looks like some sort of distortion due to heat. I know it's not the best pic, but look at the yellow area that is showing.

Thanks

minneSNOWta

Join the club. I am thinking about using an epoxy to try to glue it back in and putting a lot of weight on it. See the lip on the bottom of the vinyl? Maybe try gluing the exposed edge and tucking it back in. Got this bubble too on the flat area of the dash on the passenger side. I've read that some people will use a syringe with a needle to try to inject glue/epoxy from the top and put weight on that. Others came in through the back side, but that involves more work obviously.

That is a good idea, my car wears in the most unusual places...when I took my rear badges off to paint or replace the paint came right off with the badges...

Guess I can't be alone!

Drew84

My dash is doing the same, I've been brainstorming on how want to fix it. I still haven't decided yet.

mikus

They'll all do that over time, along with other typical spots like the cluster holes going 'out of square', the dash cluster overhang expanding in middle etc.

Expect to take the dash out for any decent repair, but it is definitely possible to do. You can drive with the dash out if needs be

Jason G.

I've used contact cement with pretty good results. Brush it on and let it dry before reattaching the skin to the foam. Then hit it with a heat gun, working the dash back on. You may have to keep some weights on it afterwards.

This is also the way to re-turf jet skis.

Thanks....as brittle as these parts can be, will probably leave it alone or try it with the dash in place....low priority but always impending like everything on these cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned