The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine Harness Zip Ties

CutlassJim

If you are talking about the ones that have a spear on the end to clip into the ¼" holes then you are in luck. I was just recently searching for them because I just modified my Galant harness as well as the 2G's. I found a website called

click

They have what you are looking for but beware because they don't fit! It says they are for a ¼" hole but that is BS and they just fall right out after being clipped in.
BUT they do have push button mounts that you can then slide zip ties through that work PERFECT! I paired them with their "cobra" low profile zip ties and they look awesome.
Minimum order of $25 thought and then shipping was another $10 so you'll be looking at spending $35.

Depending on how many you need I should have extra's if you want to PM me.

JNR

Cable ties in an engine compartment, no!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, they do make some cool "ties" out there, if you look at an industrial site, like mcmaster and such; there are lots of options. I would never run "regular" ties though, as they get brittle, look cheap (unless you use a tool (and/or cut them flush) and turn them away from view, but even then) and when not done right are asking for cut hands and arms. In a pinch, sure, but not for a permanent install...

Same thing with the hold down clamps. My personal favorite are the metal ones with a rubber insert, but they can get $$$...you can make (modify) your own if you're creative though...I've used plastic ones also, but just prefer a better look and more durability.

Speaking of ordering things...One thing you have to be careful of on hose clamps, for instance, is to measure the "finished" OD (the hose spreads over a nipple and becomes thicker overall, for instance), or else they don't fit right. Not so sure the tube hold down clamps would be like that, but IIRC, they always are sized larger than they are.

CutlassJim

Really? That's neat. My work has a Fastenal account I will have to check that out. All I could find on their site was

click

Which looks promising.

I've discovered with my rep and going to the store that Fastenal is like Autozone. It's VERY good if YOU know how to use the system because most of the employee's do not.

jcgalntvr4-244

I used the ones for the EVO when I redid my JDM car you could call JNZ tuning and ask them to look up my order from last year and he can tell you what part it was they were a perfect fit. If you want my info for my order shoot me a PM and Ill hook it up.
Cheers,
JC

curtis

Said tool above

ebay list

I actually tossed it and a bunch more aviation parts on a pawn shop counter and they had no idea what any of it was. Got a Panduit GTS, some switches and two hand fulls of circuit breakers for 10 bucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif One of the coolest inventions ever. 3 settings then a range with a thumb wheel for each setting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned