The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trunk Cable not opening trunk

It just started one day. I can see that the red plastic bit that goes to the rear latch is broken, so I held it in place and had a helper pull. The cable still doesn't pull quite enough to open the trunk.

Seems like a simple but annoying problem.

Ideas?

Thanks

SouthCaliVR4

On mine the cable got stretched & needs to be replaced. check that it's still mounted to the clips on the hinge & the retention clips that run under the back seat.

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
On mine the cable got stretched & needs to be replaced. check that it's still mounted to the clips on the hinge & the retention clips that run under the back seat.

I guess I'll check all that stuff out...thanks.

Quoting omertaitalia:
so you dont know why its not working still?, sounds like a future junk yard trip to me.

No idea, no Galants of these years appear in junk yards here even the big ones.

turbofonz

On my car I know the lever is just weak and pulling bends the lever rather then pulling the cable.

curtis

Take the cable off in the back and crimp on a steel or aluminum cable clamp piece available at any hardware store or just put a zip tie on it to take up the slack. Fixed without having to tread the cable from under the carpet etc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned