The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tire size question

slobra

I have a set of 17X7 rims coming that need tires. Tire rack has the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's in a 205/45R17 for 88 a tire plus 38 shipped. I was hoping for a slightly bigger tire like 225, they have 235/45R17's but the 205's are local and I'll save on shipping.

Question is, will the 205's look too small on the rim? I have a set of springs and struts going on the car so that should help. And would the 235/45's be too big for a 7" wide rim. If they aren't should I just pony up the extra cash for shipping and get the 235's?

I was hoping to spend as little cash as possible, If they 205's will be fine I'll take em'. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks in advance.

EDIT, I just double checked and they are out of the 235/45R17's so I guess the question stands as will the 205's be ok.

Last edited:

RedTwo

I have 215/40/17 on 17x7 and they look really narrow. Also have a very low profile. Then again people can't see your tyre size when you're moving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lonewolf64

Who cares what they look like? I would mount the fattest rubber you can possibly fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

evo8ya

I run a 235/45 on my 17X7. They went on fine and look awesome IMO. I know that they're out of 235/45's but neil at tire rack said he should be getting another shipment in cause I need to buy a set of 235/45 for #807 and 255/40's for my evo.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned