The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The EVO/Aftermarket seat bracket suspense date of April 5th

stealthtt24

Ill be posting up pics by about 5 of my install, went pretty smooth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif too bad I cant drive the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

stealthtt24

OK so the install was pretty straightforward, just refer back to previous pages and pictures from Curtis for what bolts go where and how to finagle the brackets in the front part of the seat. The only issue I ran into, which might be just with the Evo9 MR's cause they are so SICK, is you have to take off the front little plastic shield pieces. Those are the first pics posted, its just a small screw, cause if you don't take them off the bracket wont line up. Other than that, went pretty well. I wish I would have powder coated them black, but I will do that another time. But then that gets rid of the galant vr4 sketching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm not even worried about the seat belts right now, as I will mess with that later. First pics are of removing the shield screws and the evo legs you gotta take off as well, I know Garfield went over that. The rest is the install, enjoy!

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

006-2.jpg

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Last edited:

Good job Mark. I actually just finished my driver's seat today & will post a picture tomorrow. The only thing I did different with mine is I mounted the front as low as I could go. The reason is, when I pushed in the clutch I was feeling pressure from the seat cushon on the back of my thigh. I've actually been driving around in it for the past month. I wanted to make sure the height I selected was comfortable for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Greg Hightower has paid and will ship Monday
Blown1 has Pm'd and awaiting payment from him.

And so there was one.

payment sent and there was none now just need to find some seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

curtis

No, one after you, I'll get them out tomorrow.

moduleunknown

So I'm curious, when sitting behind the wheel or looking in from the front of the car, is it possible to get the evo seat centered perfectly behind the wheel with these brackets or is it just me having problems? I've been playing with these for a bit and it's just slightly off center putting me closer to the door. It's not THAT bad, and I'm sure I could get used to it as it doesn't really feel that far off, but it's still bugging me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Like I said, I more curious than anything of everyone else's experience. I'm not knocking the brackets and/or the work that went to this at all. (thanks again) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If anything, it might take a slight mod for me to be completely happy, but I'll get there.

Here's what I'm looking at (excuse the crappy image quality) - angle of the pic makes it look a little more off than it is, but you get the idea.

curtis

are the brackets flipped opposite than the outside ones on the inboard ones. I had them closer than the picture above I'm sure.

Awaiting payment on the last set so all are gone. Thank you to all the buyers. Really wish I could have blasted and powdercoated all then engraved the logo but my oven isn't completed yet.

moduleunknown

I'm sure the front brackets are assembled correctly as I went off the pics on page 4 (and there's plenty of lateral play). It's that rear bar that looks to be my problem. I can get the seat where I want it if the rear is not bolted. It's no big deal. Slotting those holes a little more will allow me to push the seat in enough to make me happy.

...my pic does make it look a little more severe that what I'm seeing.

curtis

I think the reason there not slotted anymore was because the bottoms of the bolts and nuts in the rear interfered with the raised mounts on the cars floor. If the hardware was flipped then it could interfere with the slide of the seat.

Mine was a little off as well but not that far. Here's what I think you did. You attached the rear bracket to the seat then installed the seat. I did that at 1st, then I removed the rear bracket from the seat & attached it to the floor. Leave the bolt that attach the rear for last as there's some wiggle room. If there's not enough wiggle room then you can always slot the rear seat mounting holes.

Then attached the front brackets to the seats & loosely attach front floor brackets. Now drop in the rear bolts that attach the seat to the floor bracket (don't tighten them just yet). Clamp the front seat brackets to the floor brackets & move the seat around until you get it to where you want it or as close to center as you can get. Sit in it & check to make sure the height is comfortable for you. If it isn't simply lower or raise the front brackets by unclamping them then clamp them in the new height position.

Hope that helps.

tektic

Necro I know... Is there any one successful using the stock lap belt with these seats and brackets?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned