The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suspension bushing

presterone

Im not sure exactly what to call this part it makes it different to find a replacement. I have a seized toe adjuster for the passenger side rear. It is a trailing arm I think that is also the rear hub/wheel bearing housing assembly. Anyway I need to cut out the bolt and replace the adjuster and bushing. Do I have any options on deleting this positive rear toe setup, I saw some spherical helm joint type adjusters on the Vfaq but I was unsure if they were replacing this bushing. And if I am going to just replace the bushing where should I look? I tried whiteline and JNZ tuning

presterone

Okay so you cut off that eyelet that houses the bushing and weld on the eliminator kit? can you adjust rear toe with that kit?

LIV4PSI

Quoting feil8409:
JNZ active toe eliminator kit. Replaces the bushing with a weld in insert and a rod end.

Although JNZ does sell the kit, it is actually a Jay Racing toe eliminator kit. Heat the old rubber bushing, and get it out. Don't cut it, it slides into the trailing arm.

Here is to JNZ to buy said product
JNZ Tuning

And here is the Jafro approved install instructions.
Jafro Youtube install instructions

presterone

Noiiice!!! trying to figure out if this will be good for more than dragracing or if I should just get new replacement bushings. Thanks dude for your help

LIV4PSI

If you decide to go with replacement bushings, I have some Energy Suspensions ones. I bought the master kit for my car, but I ended up using the Jay Racing kit, so I don't need those bushings. I am a top rated seller on ebay. Help fund my build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

My opinion is the toe eliminator kit helps more than just with drag racing. The stock active toe causes understeer when a load is applied. There are other ways to help deal with the active toe though. The stock rear steering rack helps, or there are braces that replace the rack if you no longer have 4WS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned