The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suggestions for JDM parts?

quato

Hey all, first time posting here but I've been a DSM guy for about 10 years now. Started with a 1Gb, then had a few other 1G's until I moved to Japan and have had an Evo IV for quite a while.

Now I'm looking at having to move back to the states and once I get settled in, I will be shopping for a GVR4. I know that I can look for some bumpers around here to start with. Does anyone know of any other parts that I should be looking for while I'm still here? I'm not really a JDM nut but if I can pick up things here and have them shipped back with my household goods then it's all the better.

Thanks for the input!

Terry Posten

Any parts that are specific to the AMG version Galants. Smooth sides, wings, grills, bumpers, wheels, etc...
Folding rear view mirror setups
Rear glass with wiper

turbowop

Japan has a huge selection of high quality used wheels at good prices on the Yahoo auctions, so if you ever plan to upgrade from stock wheels, you can get a good deal while you're there.

Dasith

Quoting Terry Posten:

Rear glass with wiper

USA VR4's doesnt have the rear Wiper?

Last edited:

Terry Posten

nope

quato

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I think I'm also going to look for the automatic climate control and auto up/down window switches. Gonna head to UpGarage this weekend with a nice list haha

Okayplayer

I would definitely look for some good seats. Like the ones out of your evo iv. Steering wheel. Power side mirrors. Maybe even a cyclone intake manifold if you feel the need.

citymunky

The JDM Hood, or EVO 1-3 Hood vents. Amber Corner lights, MMC decals. AMG galant stuff.

minneSNOWta

JDM ECU to operate the butterfly valves on the Cyclone and JDM door handle protectors?

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting hotrod:
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I think I'm also going to look for the automatic climate control and auto up/down window switches. Gonna head to UpGarage this weekend with a nice list haha

Great place, when I visit Japan I hit UPGarage all the time.

Downside, not a lot of these cars around anymore due to extreme emission and testing rules. Goto the UG website and use E39A as your search criteria.

quato

ok, so far on the list is:

bumpers (kouki preferably)
auto up/down window switches
folding side mirrors (the interior button would probably come with the window switches)
rear glass w/ wiper (i might be too worried about it breaking during shipping to actually get this)
wheels (there are soooo many high dollar wheels around here that are really cheap)
- side note...anybody know if the 4&5-lug silvia wheels would work for the GVR4? i can do some research to figure this out. if they do fit, i should be able to get some nice wheels from the drift crowd for a good price
seats (i had some nice old school recaro's in my '85 Mark II with 1JZ that would be awesome in a GVR4...i'll have to look around, shouldn't be too much)

i'll probably pass on the cyclone mani since i'm sure i'll get an aftermarket one while i'm working on the engine.

i've been checking out the UpGarage site periodically and there isn't much there. I'll probably go to the one close to me and see if the workers there can find me anything.

Thanks for the info guys! Now to try get my wife to understand why I'm trying to get all these things, haha!

raptorWagon

I know S13/S14 wheels would work they are the same bolt pattern for as our cars, a buddy of mine ran stock S13 wheels on his VR4, from a distance they look like the '91 VR4 wheels just keep a mind on offset of course though on the aftermarket wheels though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts