The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock 0-60 time?

I spent about an hour and a half looking for the answer using the search engine here, and at 1000 Already Answered Questions Page, either I'm a babbling fool or just couldn't find it, lol. So, stock 0-60 time of the GVR-4s?

3rdstrikedsm

Right around a min or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the road and track vid had it if I remember.

JNR

Which was pretty respectable at that time (for reference, a mustang GT 5.0 was ~6.4)...Funny how times change.

Lonewolf64

Every time I look at the stock specs I'm shocked at how easy it is to take over 2seconds off the 0-60 times and double the horsepower of this car. I love the 4g63.

JNR

Yeah, the 4G63 is really responsive to modifications and IMO one of the best designed 4-cylinder turbos...Part of its secret, I think, is how the turbo is mounted right off the manifold, close to the source (heat retention)...

The only thing that is misleading about the 0-60 time (stock) is that does not indicate very well its "all around" performance. For instance, if you're in the wrong gear/speed, it can feel like a dog...But, in 1991, it had very good performance (I remember that time well in cars)

dmj

JNR is right, get caught in the wrong gear and you will be beat by any Hyundai.

But with the right mods.... downshift on that Hyundai snd you'll make stand still /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

speedyvr4

thank you guys. I thought I was the only one. I got overtaken by a pathfinder the other day. I was on the very bottom of 2nd at around 15-20 mph. 0-60 in 7 seconds aint bad at all.

Chad989of2000

Watch out for those Pathfinders! 2nd gear is my favorite...quick but brutal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts