The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SRT4 intercooler install on VR4

BPU925

i searched but didnt find anything...just wondering if anyone has install pics of this intercooler on their vr4? i mocked it up and seems like it will work pretty good...just would like to see wat other members who did this went with as far as piping routing

IncorpoRatedX

fmic fitting stuff belongs in the noob section

mitsuturbo

I thought about trying it, but i got the MachV special instead.
I dont see why it wouldn't work pretty well.

If you put one on your car, make sure and take plenty of photos so you can show us how it goes.

belize1334

I guess I don't see the point. For the price you could get a different core that makes more effective use of space.

DR1665

For the price? I got mine for $20. Show me a better FMIC for $20 and I'll buy two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is the only picture I have of my SRT4 install so far.

main.php

I had it plumbed Home Depot style for a few days before I took the car down again. You have to use the DSM (or otherwise alternate) radiator and trim the material in the core support at a minimum. Then there's the question of mounting it.

I'll be having Kent fab me some piping for this sometime this winter, as the car starts going back together. I'm thinking a j-pipe off the compressor outlet over and down to the IC inlet on the driver side, then a stepped boost tube a la SWRT Impreza. Car will be running Jackal and might lose the WG. I don't know yet. :shrug

The SRT4 IC is cheap - cash-wise - but it takes a fair amount of tweaking to do it right. I'm not done yet.

Hope this helps.

mitsuturbo

There's no better FMIC for $20 out there. You got a good deal.

I did some looking thru old posts, and i paid 145 shipped for my saab viggen fmic (this was before the srt4 even came out) and people said the same kinda sh*t to me. I basically responded the same way you did, DR1665. There WERE NO cheaper alternatives at the time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned