The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

so i broke the sencor on heater core box...

ade

it was porcelain covered right at the opening leading to the air conditioning portion of the heating system, i brushed my hand past it and it fell apart. so till i get my hands on another i pulled the plug on the censor. i havnt pluged it back in to test this theory but now my hvac air speeds 1 to 4 are gone leaving full blast 5 as my only means of getting heat.

Has anyone encountered this before? what is? and, what does it do exactly?

BoostedAWD91

I think your referring to the thermistor and its basically a temperature sensor. With age they become brittle and can fall apart

Last edited:

Wizardawd

It's the blower motor resistor. Around $30 from a parts store. 2 bolt/screws hold it in. Settings 1-3 go through the resistor, 4th or MAX/HIGH bypasses the resistor. Easy fix.

Wiz

ade

awesome thanks guys, ill stop by auto-zone in the morning and pick this up

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned