The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shifter cable holder thing?

Brunoboy

Idk what its called, but I had just driven my car for the past two days for the first time in 6 months lol, well I had the thing that holds the shifter cable to the bracket fall off on the freeway, and lost my 2nd and 4th, had to get it home in 1st and 3rd and 5th, anyone know what this part is called? part number, and if I can get it anywhere else besides the dealership?
-Shane

atc250r

Staff member
Jesus clips.

atc250r

Staff member
Everyone around here calls them that. Ask Nate if he has any more. A guy on NJDSM just posted the same question last week and Nate said he had a few lying around.

John

CarRacer

Quoting atc250r:
Jesus clips.

They're called that because when you take pry them off with a screwdriver, they fly at your face and you say, "Jesus!". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brunoboy

lol, thanks for that, uhm do you think napa or anywhere has these? I need them today..........>_

atc250r

Staff member
Probably not. Either dealer or junkyard. I'm sure that most Mitsu's with a manual trans use the same clips.

atc250r

Staff member
Maybe someone local to you that is currently JSB'ing can lend you their clips.

Brunoboy

I just took one off a 90 gst eclipse aha, out off three dsm I can only get this one and I went in to the yard with a screw driver and a plier that all ahahaha.
-Shane

Brunoboy

deng, i lost the first one after i left the junk yard, so i went back, and took 6 more just in case lol.
-shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned