The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

running stock fuel with e85 and 880 injectors

I'm pretty sure this might be a stupid question but hwere it goes

Can u run on a stock fuel on E85 or any gas with 880 injectors?

Or wuts the biggest size injectors can u use on a stock fuel rail?

TRBODSM

I am using all stock fuel lines and filters with 950cc injectors with e85 and havnt had any problems. I know of people running the same set ups and nothing has failed yet.

broxma

It will drop the effective maximum HP available to you by about 25-30% but it would be fine. Bump the fuel pressure up a bit and you can reclaim some of that but not a lot. Figuring a WOT AFR of 12:1 on pump gas and a AFR of 8:1 on E-85 it gives a calculated effective flow(Max power capability) of 586cc at whatever fuel pressure they are rated for.

For reference at 100% IDC max HP for a 550cc injector is 350 at 43.5psi Fuel. (assumes .6 BSFC)
Bumping the FP to 50psi would get you almost to 380, but again, that's at 100% IDC.

With 586cc(effective), you'd have a little overhead.

/brox

donniekak

Running e85 on the pte "880's" Lets you tune a 600cc compensated injector size, at 12.5:1 gas afr's. A guy on tuners made 400+ whp on 750's and e85. They let you stretch the injector further than a comparably scaled gas tune.

broxma

Yeah 8:1 on E-85 would be ultra conservative since stoich is 9.6:1 but I figured better safe. Bumping the FP a bit would most likely easily push 400+, I agree. More than most people will ever need.

I'm running 1050's in 379 and 'finger's crossed', Valero gas stations in Texas will now install E-85 pumps at all new stations. I have a new station going in about a mile from my house.

/brox

Dark_Horse

As long as you have some way to tune, you can run the biggest injectors you can find in your stock fuel rail. One of my friends runs FIC 2150's in his stock rail.

Nartanian

Quoting TRBODSM:
I am using all stock fuel lines and filters with 950cc injectors with e85 and havnt had any problems. I know of people running the same set ups and nothing has failed yet.

+1, I run the same setup with no issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned