The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing rocker panels

Vr4Ape35

Very new here. Was looking to know what goes into replacing the rocker panels on a 91 GVR4. Rockers are rotted right up to the pinch welds, but further in is solid. I would probably have to cut just inside of the pinch welds. With that being said, two questions...

Does anyone make direct replacements for something like this or will it have to all be fabricated? I tried looking online and this site already but any links are over a decade old and dead. I was also told by someone to keep an eye out for any part outs, but seems like rocker rust is very common (I live in the rust belt).

If this will all have to be custom work, is there somewhere I can find a detailed blueprint to follow? This will be the first time doing any fabricating or body work, and I want to make sure I do this right, and the trim will all still fit well. I tried looking around and I can't find any pictures or explanations of the dimensions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

misterfixit

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned