The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

radiator fan shroud :(

MegaSuiter

So my car has been recently overheating. I made site the oil and coolant were all up to par. The car drove around great aall day. I went into Napa for like ten minutes, came out and my car was overheating again, I have the worst luck with leaving car's running and walking into a business. So I turn it off, pop the hood, and start looking around. I discovery the last Guy that owned this car must have moved the battery to the passenger side because the tray is pushed up against the fan shroud so much that the fan started to hit it and eventually got caught on it. I tested my relays, blown. Tested the wiring where tthe relays fit in and only one prong inlet has any juice. Is my fan fried? Or since the wiring and relays were fried is the fan safe and I just have to rewire a toggle switch with some 10 gauge and a fuse?
Thanks.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The OEM location for the battery is on the passenger side. Maybe the battery is not tied down properly or the tray moved but its not supposed to touch the fan shrowd. Wire the fan straight to the battery and see if its good or not. If it is then look check the relay and fuse.
As far as leaving the car running, you should never do it. I would keep an eye out on the motor/head. When my car ran hot/overhedated for only a few minutes the head and the block warped. Maybe you got lucky.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned