The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

project 1714/2000

866galant

Well guys finally got 1714 delivered.This is my second vr4 and most likely will be my only one when its done.this is getting expensive lol She's basically a shell so its going to be a long road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifMain objectives are to treat the cancer,fresh paint,and replace anything else that looks worn and tired
1714 is the belize green.grey one is my buddys 92 in nice shape,waiting for a motor

scored on the ''gs dash '' at the junkyard.old one was cracking and swollen.also got a bunch of needed interior parts too.

fivestardsm

Do you have any more pics you can toss into GVR4 Pic Post ?

If so, Make sure to read the first post, and see if you have one of your buddies also!

As for the project, looks like a good start! Don't let it get the best of you. I have quite a few (4) VR4 projects of my own that are in worse shape then yours.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

866galant

Made some progress this weekend.Took the rear suspension apart to clean up and paint,replace bushings,balljoints too if i can find them

866galant

Found a hack job under the car also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif does any have a junk vr4 were they can cut this piece of the floor out for me?Looks like the stud for the rear most carrier bearing snapped and an unqualified surgen went to work on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It really does'nt look safe or sturdy the way it is now.PM me if you could donate a piece of the floor.

866galant

Thats the second to the last suframe in the country,well that was what i was told /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

POR'ed and undercoated.

G

Staff member
Did you order a vr4 subframe or a dsm unit?

866galant

This build is taking much longer than i was expecting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

almost ready to freshen up the engine bay

14u2nV

all that work, please tell me your going to clean the bolts and sway bar brackets too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Are you cleaning all the rust off, or just enough to coat it? How do you like the por? I was going to use it, but decided to try the Eastwood coating first. So far I like it.

866galant

lol I replaced all of the ball joints and bushings so those will be replaced too.Its the first time I tryed the POR,but it does seem like a tough durable paint.And most of the rust was stripped

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned