The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Outter cladding clips

tsitalon1

Hey guys,

I'm painting the car and need to replace all the clips that secure the cladding to the doors/fenders.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get these? I need to replace all of them!

rgeier11

Junkyard. They probably cross-platform with other Mitsubishi cladding. Whenever I'm at the junkyard, I'll pop off a few clips for that just in case moment.

a2vr4

Go to your local hardware store first, they might have a lot more automotive hardware then you think. I ordered some from DORMAN through my local auto parts value, only to find then cheaper and in stock at the hardware store... Here is what I bought that works like a charm. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more assistence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~Brian A. Moreno

tsitalon1

Part Numbers/sku's would be great!

But I will go look at home depot / Lowes.

Thank you so much....satan wants ~$2.50 each /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

a2vr4

I would check your local hardware store too. I have been disappointed by lowes/hd hardware selection. working on a p/n...

tsitalon1

I went to lowes, home depot, and small hardware stores and I could not find these clips. Can you tell methe Dorman part # for these clips?

Last edited:

tsitalon1

Still cannot find these....

Need help, anyone know the dorman part numbers? Or maybe another place I can get them?

asmo

Id buy the mits ones, Id tryed to use one's from autozone in the help brand packages, and the moulding fell off the door when my kids shut it. luckly it didnt come off on the freeway!I had just found the part at the junkyard and had it painted! I ordered the mits one's and it fit nice and tight. there are two different clips on the top and bottom of the door cladding about 5-6 of each per door
pn# MB567798 for lower doors and rockers and MB319754 for the upper door.

89Mirageman

A few years ago when I painted my Colt I couldn't find these either. I ended up getting the Christmas tree looking ones from Napa with the large round head and trimming them with sidecutters to make them square. Worked like a charm.
img.php

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned