The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM oil filter, no good anymore?

Hi!

I was searching the web alittle and found some info (on a other Mitsu forum) that Mitsubishis newer oil filters aren't as good as they used to be. I saw that their newer oil filters (MZ part number) are made in china and not Japan.

Is this true that Mitsubishis newer oil filters aren't as good as they used to be?? Anyone that has any info on this??

What other options are there instead of going OEM? Are the denso oil filters still available??

Launch

I just picked up a case of filters again for my shop, denso made in japan.

Cool!

Anyone that have ordered from densos web site? Good experience with them?

Whoodoo

Im a fan of NAPA gold filters. I've used them for quite a while and they do a great job. I've pulled one apart and compared it to some fram crap. It was much better than fram, but I'm not sure how it might compare to denso.

raptorWagon

I got my oem filter through stmdsm.com, says Denso, but made in Thailand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

Wizardawd

Anything Wix is always good, I usually use Purolator products, like the Pure One.

Wiz

Dan D

For the last 10 years I used to use only the Pure One filters. Now they have some gold coating crap on them. Everyone I open has the sh*t flaking off and is on the top of the filter, the gasket, and I can only assume inside the filter as well. I won't use them anymore. WTF were they thinking? WIX, Napa Gold, or OEM now. Last OE filter I got was still a Denso.

4wheelsqueal

Quoting Wizardawd:
Anything Wix is always good, I usually use Purolator products, like the Pure One.

Wiz

+1

Ben

I have been a Mitsubishi tech for 4 1/2 years now and I'v never seen a mitsu oil filter that didn't "say made in thailand"

G

Staff member
4.5 years? Wow that's amazing. I think mitsu has been selling filters for longer than that. I have some of the old school mitsu filters fs. The ones they used to sell back in the day. About 1996'ish. They were made in jp.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts