The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New VR4 Evo 0 Monte Carlo - Wheels Question

The Monte Carlo was a metallic 2 pak black which was different to the generic Vr4 black. It is correct that Vr4 Evolution and Monte Carlo both share the same running gear and certain interior parts but there are differences between both. In saying that, if you whacked Monte Carlo stickers on a metallic black Vr4 Evolution which had a sunroof and no lights in the fenders then yes, won't be able to tell without verifying build number of that particular chassis. This above car looks to be a Vr4 Evolution. Could tell for certain with more pics.

Like you said mate, it doesn't really matter but I have seen someone trying to sell a Monte Carlo Vr4 which was just a facelift model with hood vents and stickers. Monte's will fetch the highest price as they are the rarest of the rare. Just want people to know what they have and if looking to buy, know what they are paying for because people will rip you off if your not informed.

Also, I just want to add that this is in no way me bagging this car or it's owner. I personnel think it looks awesome and hope the owner gets plenty of joy out of it.

@ Dasith. Monte Carlo's never purely came out the factory with leather seats. They were just an option like on any other model Vr4. They are classed as a luxury model but that's due to the sunroof and some other interior things.

Rausch

How much shipped to 44102? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great looking car! (Excellent color too)

Last edited:

RedTwo

There's nothing concrete in ASA. I haven't found (yet) a trim, option or paint code that defines one post 10/89 VR4 from another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

MX4

Hey all,
I never got around to updating this thread. I ended up getting the wheels stripped and powder coated sky blue.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned