The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy from Philly: 782/2000

GotInsulin

Hey all-

So after some time trolling the classifieds on the site and trying repeatedly to join over the last year or so, I was finally after to register thanks to Hertz who recently made some tweaks to the forum e-mail which allowed me to finally register. I've had some dealings with a few members mutual friends(talontyme,slow_poke, ade), am friendly with some of you on Instagram (@dirt_nappin), other DSM forums or TriStateTuners, and even managed to snag 782 off of here due to a convenient phone number in the ad. I've had a host of DSMs including an 11sec 1GB powered by 93oct and a trusty FP Green, and recently found myself searching high and low for a GVR-4 to satiate that special place in my wallet. I've had the car about a year at this point and am nearing the end of "Phase 1 JSB." Glad to finally come aboard and hopefully contribute a cool build.

Will be sure to check in later from my home computer and upload some pics, including the ones of the equally niche Advan SA3Rs I'll be running.

Cheers!
Taylor

GotInsulin

Bringing this bad boy home:

Diagnosing wiring issues from who-knows-when-or-who: (The usual suspects, plus some weird MAF and ECU fun)

Bought 1805/2000 off of a forum member as a shell with some major rust and took EVERYTHING:

Left as a can on furniture rollers. Scored a LSD 4bolt, powdercoated subframes, new bushings, and all the little parts that I might lose or break including trim and some interior, some neat aftermarket stuff, too.

Here's where we sit:

And here's the equally weird set of wheels for an equally weird car. I've got two sets which netted me four 17x8s and four 17x9s of varying paired offsets to play with. Center caps and lockrings not pictured, but managed to get my hands on them, too:

EMX5636

Glad to see you are finally making progress Taylor. Can't wait to see it out soon!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned