The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need help asap! Window will go down but not up!

stealthtt24

I'm getting my windows tinted and my back passenger window will go down but not up. I have the door skim off and I tried another switch with no luck. Any help????

Also, the will not go up even if I try and push it.

Last edited:

SleepinGVR4

The contacts inside the switch probably have some corrosion or dirt on them. Have you tried the switch for the window and not the master switch?

Just take the master switch apart and clean the contacts with sandpaper. I used my dremel tool with one of my abrasive wheels and it works good now. But in taking it apart I lost the spring to the window lock button so that doesn't work anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

stealthtt24

The switch at the driver door doesn't do anything, while the switch at the inoperable door just go down. When u say master you mean the driver door with all the switches right?

stealthtt24

I've got two little switches for the rear door, both roll the window down not up.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Mark,

Since you already have the door panel off, you can nake a couple of jumper wires and power up the motor directly.

Just unplug the connector at the motor, eyeball the connector terminals, and make up a pair of wires that you can plug onto the terminals at the motor. (Make sure they are insulated from each other)

Be sure to use a fuse on the power side of the jumper wire set!

That should get the window up, and then you can troubleshoot things at your convience

stealthtt24

So on my way home it was working fine. Up and down, both switches. I go back and park it and stops working.

This same thing happens to my passenger window, master switch does nothing though, the passenger door switch
will make the window go down but not up. the only thing I have found that makes it go back up is pressing both
the master switch and the passenger switch at the same time. Does that work for you too? If it does it has to be
somthing faulty in the master switch?

stealthtt24

On my master switch, the window will ALWAYS roll down or up when the car is in motion. As soon as you come to a stop light bam, will not roll up only down. f***ing weird.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting razordsm:
This same thing happens to my passenger window, master switch does nothing though, the passenger door switch
will make the window go down but not up. the only thing I have found that makes it go back up is pressing both
the master switch and the passenger switch at the same time. Does that work for you too? If it does it has to be
somthing faulty in the master switch?

Take the master switch apart and clean the copper connects inside with sand paper or emery cloth or something along those lines. Careful its easy to lose pieces.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting stealthtt24:
On my master switch, the window will ALWAYS roll down or up when the car is in motion. As soon as you come to a stop light bam, will not roll up only down. f***ing weird.

Have you tried another master switch to see if that's the problem or if its something else? I can find you one at a junk yard if you don't have access to one.

Last edited:

stealthtt24

I have a spare laying around, ill try it next week as I'm on vacation. This isnt a priority as I need to track down my idle surge and fix some boost leaks. I'll update the thread when I try the spare out though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned