The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Engine Wiring Harness Reworked

strokin4dr

Quote:
That is going to look fantastic. Please tell me you kept track of what part numbers you ordered, and what parts did or didn't work.

I got all of the supplies for the harness at cableorgnizer.com. I dont remember the amount of each size that I ordered, but it was some of all of the sizes that you can buy by the foot. I was going into this project blindly, but I had everything planned out before I actually ordered anything or started modifying the harness. First I removed the harness from the car, then unwrapped all of the factory tape and covers and cleaned all of the sticky gunk of the wires. From there I could see which wires I didn't need and how all the other wires were ran. After that, I decided how I wanted to run the wires in the new loom and measured the length of all the wires and kept a running total of how much sleeving it would take and what size sleeving I thought would work. Like I said in my first post, this was A LOT of work and took much longer that I thought it would. I'm sure I still have my notes around here somewhere if you guys want me to try to find them and see what measurements I had to give you a rough estimate of how much to order if you want to attept this. The hardest part of the whole project was having to remove all of the connectors without damaging them(major PITA!) and keeping track of which wires go where. I had to draw a lot of diagrams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Quote:
Wow, that is GREAT work. Excellent job!

Quote:
good job.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I will try to update the progress as soon as I can.
-Ryan

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

You my friend have the patient's of Job.....

Rausch

I've been meaning to do this with the extra harness I have. Anyone got a line on quality wire at a reasonable price? Teflon jacketed perhaps?

Very nice indeed. I searched the site you linked, and found some nice coverings/loom for the engine bay. They have some good heat/corrosion/fire resistant materials!

Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

You my friend have the patient's of Job.....

Didn't realize he was a doctor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah I could never undertake something like that. I hate wiring stuff. Good job with it.

strokin4dr

Quote:
Didn't realize he was a doctor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Not quite yet, I still have a few years left of school. That is why this car is taking me so long to finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

aomvr4

I have done a similar job on a friends celica gt-4 rally car. The car was stripped to the shell at the time and that made it a little easierand I also installed a panel on the center dash were all the fuses relays and switches went. Nice job...
876/2000

CheapTalon

Nice work! I look forward (kinda) to doing this to my Colt once I find a cleaner chassis. I will be doing a completely new harness for my megasquirt and hope to keep wiring to a minimum.

Flip4G63

nice work!!! i'm doing the same to my Laser right now. its a long thing to do but it is well worth it in the end!

Absolutely beautiful...

My car has a lot of underhood electrical issues, so after first reading this thread, I acquired a new harness, and just finished the initial stripping of the unit... Hopefully tomorrow I'll get started on the physical cleaning of the wires, and wire removal.

I guess we'll see where it goes from here!

Thanks for the inspiration, I would LOVE to see some more pics!!!

strokin4dr

More pics will definately come with an update. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress also. Good luck!!!

Did you ever get full functionality out of the 3G HVAC controls? I remember discussing it awhile back and there were issues with the momentary AC switch. The harness is looking nice BTW.

-Josh

Will be doing this in the coming weeks. Updated pics and demensions would be great for comparison purposes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Romanova

SUPER BUMP! Pics of the harness installed? Don't be a tease!!!

strokin4dr

I wish I would have updated this thread back when I finished the harness. The car went into storage back when I picked up my RHD car. I had too many projects going at the time so this went on the back burner. I still have plans for this car to be the future daily driver, so about the best I can do is snap some pics when I bring it back to the house to work on eventually.
To be honest, there is not much to see with the harness installed. It is tucked pretty good and with only a couple of harness plugs visible of the engine, and no wires or fuse boxes anywhere else in site, it's kind of hard to believe the car runs and drives until you here it spinning over and come to life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have no real plans of making any harnesses to sell. It is very time consuming and I know people would not want to pay what its worth for one of these.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned