The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Making progress on 192.

Boostdtalon

Quote:
I'm a bit confused at what I'm looking at here.

A) Why is the engine bay side of the radiator covered with a piece of sheet metal? Is that to protect it when you are working in the engine bay?

B) Are the pusher fans as far away from the radiator as I think they are? It looks like they are almost 2" away from the actual radiator. Are you going to put the A/C condenser back in to take up that space?

sorry for the confusion, i took the pics as i was test fitting everything. the plate on the back of the radiator was there to install a pull fan if i wanted to. I would have just need to cut an opening if i were to use it.i left it in place for the moment as to not damage the radiator as i was moving it quite a bit to get everything in place.

yeah they were about two inches from the radiator at first. but after removing the plate i moved the mounting bracket to the rear and this pushed the radiator further forward, so now the radiator sits just behind the fans. no i have no future plans to reinstall the AC.

Here are some better pics after i got everything mounted the way i wanted it.

Boostdtalon

Yeah I saw the pics. looks good!

This came in the mail today! Now to fix the battery cables and get new terminals. Hopefully be able to have 192 running by the end of this week. Might leave the battery facing that direction or flip it the other way.

Boostdtalon

Well the urge hit me and I couldn't wait. ran out to advance and was able to pile together the cables I needed. Hooked everything up and was nervous as hell. But electrical system checked out fine, so now its time to button up all the other little things and she will be off the JSB list very soon!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned