The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Log A/C temp sensor?

belize1334

I'd like to install a temp sensor in my L2A I/C core and then use it's value to activate a solenoid for the water pump or possibly a fan.

Does anybody know if the A/C temp sensor is visible to the ECU?

ktmrider

Hmm not sure of the two, #3 and #4 below, first guuess is #4 as it controls the A/C fan vs #3 the clutch.

img.php

Or where the A/C wire goes:

img.php

gtluke

No, it's just a switch, not a sensor.

NateCrisman

Yup the only thing that would be good for is if you want to switch on your pump at about 200*F /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quoting belize1334:
Does anybody know if the A/C temp sensor is visible to the ECU?

No, it is not.

curtis

On the back of the thermostat housing is a one wire temp switch that connects to ground to turn on the fans at full 12 volts. You could put it or any other temp switch from auto zone of your temp preference in the hot side or cold side of the IC and use it to connect the ground circuit and flip the fans on. I have a wire running off the floor of the car to a econ/pwr switch in the center console then up to the firewall and through that goes to the single wire that use to go to the factory switch. That's probably the easiest way to wire it up. As for on and off temp of the switch the factory one is like an oh crap 225 degrees or something, but any factory one wire should work but for fine tuning will take a bunch of research, I think auto zone has a book that has pictures with on temps listed but its a picture book and will take some page turning to find the range you want. Make sure the one you getis a sealed unit and the mercury is installed through the outside/wire side so if it gets to hot and pops it doesn't fire the end into the IC system or on into your engine. Some are pressed together and I've pulled them from cars before and parts be missing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned