The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lean Question (update 2/14/13)

5OF2k

You might check with some carb cleaner spray all around the intake manifold and throttlebody and so on with it running. A significant raise or sputter/drop in engine speed will indicate a vacuum leak.

Now that youve done all of this(and i assume you have the fuel filter installed going the right direction?), what do you have your fuel pressure set to, what do your plugs look like, and have you redone a boost leak check?

-Jake

nemovr4

Unrelated but look what I found when I got home.

Anyway, yes filter is facing the right direction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Can you explain a little more about the carb cleaner around the TB & Intake Mani ect. I haven't heard of that process before.

I will check the plugs on Saturday (when it isn't snowing anymore) and hopefully have time to finish another more complete boost leak test. Also bring the FP back down to 38. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Chris

James

As the carb cleaner enters the combustion chamber it will change how the motor runs. If you spray it and the motor reacts... You must have a air leak somewhere sucking it in.

nemovr4

Okay, sounds easy enough. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned