The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

keyless entry/new alarm

91GSR

i want to get keyless entry for my 2 galants. the locks on my GSR stick really bad and the other day it broke one of my keys. also from what i have read/heard the stock vr4 alarm is sh*t. just wondering if anyone has done keyless entry on their car and how hard it might be. possibly point me in the direction of a write up or at least a decent brand. TIA

mountaineerjeff

same here too.

strokin4dr

This should help installing an aftermarket alarm:

If you do a search of Islandvr4's posts, you will find where he shows how to disable the factory alarm system by cutting one wire if you don't feel like removing the whole system which would involve depinning the harnesses.
-Ryan

Rausch

^ And while you're down there cutting that wire, you can get to the door lock and switch wires for your keyless entry/alarm install as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

91GSR

got any brand preferences? in the other thread viper was mentioned. DEI was also said to be reputable. any thoughts?

G

Staff member
Dei, alpine, etc are all fine. It's the quality of the install which makes the difference.

Quoting strokin4dr:
This should help installing an aftermarket alarm:

If you do a search of Islandvr4's posts, you will find where he shows how to disable the factory alarm system by cutting one wire if you don't feel like removing the whole system which would involve depinning the harnesses.
-Ryan

Does this also work for 1992? I'm going to install a remote start alarm tomorrow. Thanks!

1990ggsxnj

978, are you setting up a safety switch by chance? I was thinking of using the parking brake as the safety on my future install.

I was thinking the same thing. Emergency brake is sufficient for me, I have a habit of always leaving it in neutral and applying e-brake.

1990ggsxnj

Yea, for some time I was thinking of trying to set a neutral switch up, but too much of a hastle and like you said, parking break is always on by habit.

I have a Scytek VisionGuard 8000 two way pager alarm, I've gotten most of my wires connected except the remote start harness. I've encountered one problem so far.

Door Trigger = Green/Red (-) Driver Kick Panel

I connected this my alarm harness's Door Trigger (-Neg Wire) and when I arm, it sends a message saying tamper, door error. When I switched connection to (+Pos Wire) there's no error, but doesn't recognize door opening.

Should (-Neg Wire) be connected and (+Pos Wire) grounded?

Also has anyone connected Dome Light Supervision on whenever you unlock car? How is this hooked up? I read you need a relay, so connect before the door trigger wire also?

Thanks in advance!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned