The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Install Kit For Wally 255?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Tried to search, but the damn board is so glitchy I gave up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Anybody have the part number for the kit that gives the best fitment in the vr-4 fuel tank?

Thanks!

belize1334

Personally I think it's easier to just buy the pump and build the kit yourself. All you need is:

1) Pump (either 342 or 341 will do)
2) Section of fuel injection hose (submersible)
3) 2 high pressure hose clamps
1) 2" worm drive hose clamp
4) pipe cutter

The 2G pump (342) is too tall to fit without cutting the pickup but the 1G (341) pump is oriented the opposite direction and can be hard to get the wiring to connect without cutting the pickup. Either way, you're looking at cutting the pickup (hence the hose). I also recommend getting some extra hose to use as a spacer/insulator between the pump and the housing/hose clamp so that the pump doesn't communicate noise through the housing into the car.

brisvr4

I used a 342 without having to cut the pickup.
I just used 2 hose clamps on the fuel pump instead of one and I believe that I left the base bracket off.
It's been like this for about 5 years now with no problems.
one
two

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned