The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle issues

presterone

I have no idle speed control so I'm hoping this is why intermittently my car will surge at idle. I'm sure some of you have run with no idle control before, my car will raise to about 1500rpm and then drop and it does this rythmically when it idles for a little more than ten seconds, sometimes sooner like slowing down from the highway with no throttle input.

James

Need a little more info.

Buy no ISC you mean you have a block off plate to take away the bottom half of the TB?

James

Last time you checked for boost leaks? Last time you checked the ECU? Any difference between warm and cold?

presterone

No boost leaks and I haven't looked much into what it is yet because I was 90% sure it was due to having no ISC. And I should say a few things about my setup its a speed density ECU ''jackal'' with just a MAP and IAT sensor, that may help pinpoint whats going on since I don't have to worry as much about vac leaks. It may be related to my tune or something but I was mostly just posting here to see if this condition was common with no idle speed control.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned