The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

idle at 2000 help please

ok i just built this motor and started it up for the first time its been a while since i played with a 4g63 AND have forgot all the terms used. i tried reading as much as possible that has already been on the forum about grounding the TB and checking vacum leeks and i do not think i have a vacuum leak its all brand new vacuum line and all smog/emissions have been deleted. The car is practically stock. the car wants to idle at 2000 rpms with the biss screw all the way in and the timing fully retarded. but if i just quikly wack the throttle it will set around 600 rpms but about 30 seconds to a minuit later it will raise back to 2000. Im really sorry if this has been posted already but i couldnt find anything. please please help im not quiet sure what everybody means about grounding out the pins to set timing thanks for any help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned