The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hx35 galant vs 76mm lsx camaro (vid)

blackvr4

This might be my last time racing another turbo ls autocar in the 4 door.

Set it up with this guy over FB went down there 4th of july ran it for small money. Badass car.

From starting line.

click

Gopro from camaro.

click

Last edited:

blackvr4

Quoting marvinmadman:
Now go run him with the DSM

Lol already had a few people suggest this, unlike the guy with the caddy when i asked him what car he wantwd to run he said "i don't got sh*t for panda". The talon i really built to f*** up cocky people. This guy is actually really cool.

Quoting manikbastrd:
was the sparking from your exhaust scraping? Launching so hard!

The sparks are coming from an exhaust hanger tapping the driveshaft between shifts, i gotta climb under there see if i can space it a little bit.

Last edited:

manikbastrd

My middle hanger had the same problem. Induction coil and some biceps worked wonders hahaha

EMX5636

Nice run Alex. It's tough to outrun those boosted LS's up top esp with an auto. They make stupid power so easily. Drug him for a while though

blackvr4

Thanks jus. Hardest part is taking an L and fighting the urge of making galant faster lol. I know the faceplatted trans already crossed my mind numerous times lol. Unfortunatly street racing has been kind of shitty this season so making it faster will only make it harder to get runs in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Like only thing i've had call out the talon since stomping that ctsv was a stretched busa, which i dont know if im quiet ready to put panda on the no race list quiet yet

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

I love being the under dog so to speak. I like the ls1 debates I get into with some of buddies from time to time, I cannot stress to them enough that if you can't make more the 600hp on a 5.3 and up liter engine then you sir are a complete moron. Stretch the numbers, bend them, whatever... but if a motor of those proportions putting anything under 800 is terribly inefficient compared to a slew of other platforms. Sorry for the rant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Great run BTW

Last edited:

blackvr4

The way I always see it a stock motor dsm making 500-600crank hp is making 250-300 hp/liter. Whereas a stock ls based motor would need to be making between 1300-1500 for me to be seriously impressed.

Think about how many dsmers are running around making 500+ to the crank on bone stock engines, I personally have 2 lol. Liter per liter the 4g63 is the baddest motor ever made.

Last edited:

EMX5636

That's all totally true, and of course I love these little 4G63's. The problem is you can build a stupid fast street car now with a stock 6.0L, 4L80E trans, a big turbo, and a decent converter/tire on the back for so cheap. HP/liter they aren't winning, but it's tough to outrun a 800hp car regardless.

One thing I used to love racing all the S/C and N/A V8's back in the day with my old Eclipse down there. Even the "fast" ones in 03-06 were usually only 11-12 second cars. Now the street is full of 9 sec capable street cars on pump gas/E85.

TurboTurtle

thats one nice dragstrip in Puerto Rico /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned