The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many stock VR4 owners out there?

blacksheep

Quoting 93graybird:
I have a nile black 91 that is completely stock and the interior is near mint

pics or you are banned. Also, you need to sell it to me as its gonna nickel and dime you to death in the near future... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jepherz

Staff member
I started out with two stock cars; one with 105k and one with 83k. My black one now has plenty of mods, none of which aren't reversible. And my grey one only has the essentials done to it to update it a big; DSM steering wheel and evo8 suspension. Absolutely worth it to do a few things to make it more fun to drive.

gtluke

That's not the radio you need, mine came with the stock tape player. It's a tape deck with an EQ under it. Same one comes in the 3000gt but it lights up orange instead of green. LCD screen can also show a clock, other than that it's identical.

gtluke

The choice was CD player or EQ, the EQ had a headphone jack line in, which was great cause I plugged my discman into it, and then one of those early mp3 players I had

KiNgMaRtY

The thought is nice of having a stock VR-4.
I certainly could not though, they are just not as fun in stock form as mentioned.

KiNgMaRtY

I see lots of posts of of minty stock VR-4's but no pics. Let's see the proof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

if you insist :p

IMG_2687.jpg

1h.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

91ZERO012.jpg

KiNgMaRtY

Very, very nice fuel! Nice high res photos too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Very beautiful car indeed.

RedTwo

At last, I've found an imperfection with you car - I don't think that's the factory alarm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Stock or not, you need to PAINT THE WINDSHIELD CORNERS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

haha yeah you're right, alarm isn't factory along with the boost gauge and fire extinguisher and even the leather interior is from a Super VR-4.

and yep painting the windscreen corner trims is one of the things on my list to do, right under fixing up the sloppy shifter and now a sticking front brake caliper.

raptorWagon

Mine was stock except for a few minor things, but then I started tearing out what I didn't need or want anymore, or had rusted out. Bye bye AC, 4ws that didn't work except leak, Power steering, maf, rusty suspension, fog lights, abs, and hell it didn't even come with a radio (made for a long initial 7hr drive).

Quote:
Very nice 93graybird, what are your plans for it?

plans for it are just kinda keep up on the maitnence on it and drive it. As for pics i will try to get some this weekend and get them posted up

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned