The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How are TRW tie rods?

stealthtt24

Anyone have any experience with them? I just went thru two outer tie rods in my Civic with the shitty Advance brand. I knew I should have gotten Moog. Anyways, I want to replace all the tie rods and ball joints in my GVR4 and I know TRW seems to make good ball joints. What about tie rods? Much cheaper than Moog and I can get 4 inner/outer tie rods for $125 to my door from Advance online before Sept 23rd.

Last edited:

EMX5636

I've never used them on my Galant, but I've used them (ball joints as well) on my S10 (notorious for BJ problems) and my Fiero with good luck. I've also gotten Moog on other cars as well. I didn't notice a quality difference between the two.

SouthCaliVR4

If there is a nod to moog over trw, it's a slight one. Ive used a lot of trw parts on my cars over the years & have had no issues with them.

SmoothCustomer

Does trw stuff come in a black and blue box? If so I think I have used their stuff to and had good results. Not tie rods specifically, but tie rod ends and ball joints.

Andy_S

TRW is way better than the "OE" advance stuff. When I say way better I mean WAY better. It also has a limited lifetime replacement.

SouthCaliVR4

They used to be blue/white with TRW in red, they may have changed the packaging in the last few.

stealthtt24

They seem to be on it when it comes to ball joints. I'll go ahead and make the purchase, thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned