The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

has anyone change driveshaft bushing???

coolclean577

i got new bushing for my driveshaft so i can have new one in. my question is have anyone ever done it? im new to it i plan on try to do it tommorrow bec i got to pull my tran. to change my starter plate so since i got to do that might as well do the bushings. so if anyone done them let me know thanks for your time guys.

coolclean577

img.php

i got 4 all together. didnt come with any read info.

SleepinGVR4

Oh their easy. Just drop the exhaust if you have to. I'd do one carrier bearing at a time and get something under the drive shaft to hold it up while you do it.

Diego

Super easy Gabe, one at a time. Justin showed me that it was simple.. you will see them they are along the drive shaft, drop it down pull out the old rubber/silcone bushing and replace with the new.

Make sure when you take off the old ones you replace with the new ones the same way the old ones came out...

123abc

As was said, very easy to replace. I did mine on my 1g in my old appartment parking lot without raising the car or dropping anything.

coolclean577

ok.i try it out.. but i have to take it somewhere else now bec got in trouble working on my car in the apt i live in. but i got my strut change out before they started to bitch. so my front looks higher then the back. so someday ill have to do the backs when i dont see my landlord outside. just got to change the damn starter plate and it all good. just 3 hours left why does landlord bithc about working on car... i hate aptments......need a house again..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned