The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gsc 272 cams and kiggly spring, Break in of the cams?

kooter

Hello and in advance I would like to thank the org.
I got this car something like 2 years ago. Drove it for about a month and decided to do some upkeep and upgrades. Had some issues's that have prolonged the proccess. I am trying to get her back on track.

I have read that with a dual spring I should first install just the outer spring without the inner for cam break in. I have seen a few places/people say with the hla setup it isn't really needed.

My question is do I instal just outer spring break in the cam and then take it all apart and install both outer and inner? Or can I just install both and go from there.

I am investing alot of time and money into this build and really don't want to do it wrong and ruin anything before I even get started.

Again thank you to everyone for all the information and help.

prove_it

I have never heard of doing this(or anything) for a cam break in procedure. Biggest issue I have ever seen is when the lifters are bled and allow too much valve opening and damaging them. Also use assembly lube on all contact points.

brisvr4

^^ +1
You don't need to break in the cams at all. As mentioned just make sure that the lifters a completely bled down before installation.other than that your are good to go!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned