The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got my 6point Safety 21 roll cage!

bazeng

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the CAGE I aquired.
A friend was stripping his JSPEC VR4.
Full bolt in, hopefully it is allows the VR4 to run into the 10's without being kicked off the track!

cOmpressor

Nice man, I like it. If your going deep into the 10's you might want to think about building one that is welded.

BoostedAWD91

im guessing ur gonna have to cut some of it apart and re-weld it back together to get it into ur car

slugsgomoo

unless the rules are a lot more lax in australia, you may want to check what the rule book is going to require you to modify. Those won't pass NHRA tech for the 6 point bar category here. (11.49-10.0)

curtis

PM sent looks killer man.

bazeng

The rules for us down under is in order to run a 10 - 11 sec pass, we require a 4 point cage (main hoop with back legs) and a side intrusion bar.

To run quicker than a 10, we will need a full 6 point cage.

Yes, this is a bolt in cage and doesn't require any welding / cutting.

H05TYL

Same for us, BUT, none of the Japanese bolt in cages comply as far as how they bolt together, and I'm not sure about the material specification either.

Not an issue for a 10sec car, but those front bars with the double bend to clear the dash are a waste of time as far as rollover protection goes (and they are perfectly place to bash your knees on too).

bazeng

That is correct, but I guess it will assist in holding the chassis together handling wise.

The previous guy who had this in his vr4 said it was the best handling mod he did to the car!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned