The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good BOV to replace overcrushed

Dan D

OEM BOV is now too crushed and surging. I couldn't get it to stay sealed at 20 psi until it was overdone.

What's a good bet that doesn't cost too much ($150 or less & must recirc). My ETS pipes are setup for a 1G so an adapters need to be included in the cost.

1G with dodgegarage mod
Used HKS
Used Greddy
Turbo XS

mikus

mod 1g, you could get a spankin' new one from Dejon with mod and pressure switch mod for < $150 (not that there's a really a need for a new one...)

JNR

What about a Forged unit, which bolts right up?

I did the "Dodge Mod" on one of mine, but if I had to spend that much money, would get something aftermarket, unless you're really anal about looking oem.

JNR

Definitely...for a DIY'r. Somebody mentioned they charge $150 for them done like that, which is approaching aftermarket! But yeah, it's pretty easy to do. I can't wait to try out the Forge though; nice looking piece and hope it works alright.

BluFalcon

I just bought the Dejon Modifed 1G BOV with the Stop Leak kit. My I/C piping is set up for a 1G BOV and I didn't feel like dicking with aftermarket BOV's or getting a new flange welded onto my piping. Works fine, and wasn't too expensive.

Dan D

I think I may try the dodgemod 1G. I can certainly do the mod myself. I like the full pressure switch setup from dejon so it's the best of both worlds.

Anyone have a spare 1g bov laying around they want to sell?

Polish

Also agree with the modded OEM unit.

Lonewolf64

I stand behind the dejon tool modded 1g BOVs 100%. I've pressure tested to 30psi and have never had a leak. And if you are like me, you want the engine bay to look very unassuming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned