The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Genuine Mitsu Part??

deez

I found this entertaining.
click

mmm very ineresting. I would like to see more pictures.. Looks like it may be over kill but hard to see in only one picture.

Muskrat

I doubt it's a stock mitsu part. More than likely a body kit piece meant to look similar to the Evo III wing. I've never heard of, or seen anything like that before.

Last edited:

deez

There is no way its a stock Mistu part, IMHO. I just thought the claim was, well, entertaining.

1990ggsxnj

Quoting mac515:
mmm very ineresting. I would like to see more pictures.. Looks like it may be over kill but hard to see in only one picture.

Even by that pic I would probably bet it is. Seems at least twice as high as the stocker.

JSchleim18

It's probably not real. Wouldn't there be a part number attached or stamped in it? Maybe a VIN? Anyways, anyone can take an OEM light and place it in the wing.

H05TYL

It's an evoIII wing - could be a genuine one.

galant high stop lights aren't that shape, so it's not been retrofitted.

rah1482

+1

It's an Evo 3 wing that's installed on a Galant. Apparently the Japs, like it. Funny part is that, its described as an extremely rare genuine part for e39a. Its genuine alright, but not for our cars.

They even used one from a Nissan - R33 if am not mistaken.

Just a matter of taste and imagination.

Muskrat

I think you're right, it is an Evo III wing. When I first looked at it I though the side's were straight, but looking again it does appear to have the curves of the Evo III wing.

gmp

rice in my opinion...

rah1482

Quoting Muskrat:
I think you're right, it is an Evo III wing. When I first looked at it I though the side's were straight, but looking again it does appear to have the curves of the Evo III wing.

No missing it

FCR

The japanese like to use this one too..........
8g vr4 wing

evo 7 wing

evo 8 wing

Last edited:

GIjoe

Im sorry, but thats just so freakin ugly! esp. the nissan one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

FCR

I think they used it with a purpose downforce, they like top speed runs and road race....

Gordian79

One of my first mods was to remove wing.i think a week after i got car.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned