The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Evo 9 Ohlins to fit GVR4

rdomeck

I have my car for sale and have not had many bites on it. I would be willing to sell my shocks and springs with about 8000 miles on them. I would of course need a set of shocks and springs to put back on my car.

$3500 seems fare with your shocks in on trade!

I could even pull them off and ship them as long as you will ship me yours once you install mine.

Thanks for looking.

rdomeck

I will add that if you drive your VR4 to me I will do the swap in my shop free of charge!

Hittman

I know these coils are WELL worth it...but $3500 is more than like 1/2 the VR4's for sale on this forum are worth.

turbowop

I'd like to get a set of Ohlins, but I think for the same price, I'd go with these. Hard to beat new in box and Muellerized for the same price. I'm not trying to sh*t up the thread, but considering that this suspension is more to purchase than a running GVR4, I think they'd probably move faster at a slightly lower price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

tyeler18

These ohlins blow Muellers out of the water. And I think the fact that Vr4's are worth less is kind of out of the question when it comes to modding. Some turbo setups cost more than these are worth, yet no one questions purchasing them because of it.

I'd love to swap with you, but 3500+ suspension for used suspension isn't worth it, in my honest opinion. If you came down on the price some I'd consider it, but I can imagine someone will jump on this.

turbowop

Can you elaborate on how these blow Mueller's out of the water? I'm genuinely curious. I figured they were the same other than his tweaks. Is it because these are Evo versions or something?

The fact that GVR4's are worth less isn't a big deal. The point is that most people on this forum aren't going to pay that kind of money for coilovers. 99% of the time, the entry price of the vehicle goes hand in hand with the mod budget for said car, yanno? Sure, a few people spend big bucks on these things, but they're few and far between.

G

Staff member
Going to be hard to sell without pics.

rdomeck

Quoting turbowop:
I'd like to get a set of Ohlins, but I think for the same price, I'd go with these. Hard to beat new in box and Muellerized for the same price. I'm not trying to sh*t up the thread, but considering that this suspension is more to purchase than a running GVR4, I think they'd probably move faster at a slightly lower price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Mine come with camber plates?

I will not defend my price against what these cars are worth, thats just silly to bring that up!

I'm not in a position that I need to sell them. When I am, I will start dropping the price!

Pictures would be hard to take of shock on the car that is not on jackstands...... If someone is really interested I will send them pics and or take them for a ride on them!

matt92vr4

Someone will snag these up. Just have to find the right buyer who wants high end suspension for an antique. People throw 25-50k at 3k cars all the time. With that said I just bought a set of used whiteline springs, so I'm set for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thecman02

Good luck. I was eye balling some ohlins for awhile and you're even fairly close, but I picked up some hotbits and am extremely happy with them.

rdomeck

Not that I need to sell these, but I am willing to drop my price to $3000....

GSX_TC

Atleast just pull off each wheel and take pics of them for these dudes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned