The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:clear timing cover

BENE38A

i got one, its a knock off even though it had a hks box etc, looks like sh*t now, its got a yellow tinge to it, from heat, dont waste your money get a good one first time

Wizardawd

You'd be surprised of how good some of the fake stuff is:

Samsung Galaxy s4 click

Apple Iphone 5 click

Wiz

BENE38A

not long had it for around 3-4months and theres a yellow tinge coming through. car isnt even used often

transparentdsm

i have almost 20k miles on my cover and its still clear. i take it off every 5k miles and wipe it down with windex. looks great still.

paul j

I think they would be great just for quick trouble shooting. If the engine stops running you can crank or use 1/2" ratchet extension while somebody looks at gears for alignment or sees if belt moves. The upper cover is no longer available in U.S.

BENE38A

you might have got lucky transparentdsm or i'm just unlucky, but you generally get what you pay for. The purple rubber gasket faded bight pink within weeks, and the stupid annodized metal rings don't stop the potential to crack it and the edges of the plastic are like what you would find in a cheap model kit. I didn't go into it thinking it was the real deal, it was 1/3 what they were everywhere else.

Last edited:

brisvr4

Where do you get Japan from?
These are all made in China.
Why not just buy one direct from the source?
aliexpress

strokin4dr

Quoting brisvr4:
aliexpress

I still think it's real! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

I've been eyeballing these for a while and found out they aren't real HKS but I still would like one because it would match the HKS gears. The Zaklee one is starting to get old looking.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting brisvr4:
aliexpress

I smell a group buy...

AllanL

I got quoted cheaper for the same item here:

click

$3 cheaper per piece and $20 cheaper for FedEx shipping...minimum 10pc orders...

They're closed for the Chinese New Year now [till the 8th], but I got replies daily when they were still at work...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned