The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: AZ - 'Evo8' ECU & cams, Cyclone IM, SRT4 FMIC, B&M

DR1665

Sale is pending on 195/2000. Not going to need these after all. Just collecting dust. All prices shipped CONUS.
[NOTE: I didn't really spend much time researching prices, so I'm open to wiggle a bit on prices, but let's not waste each other's time.]

Cyclone intake manifold - PENDING. Solvent cleaned, media blasted, painted gloss black. Actuator and hardware included, still in bag. Responsible RTV seal used in place of haha-no-way-I'm-paying-$70-for-that-gasket-I-don't-care-where-you-bought-it kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good for fattening up the midrange torque curve by something like 50ft-lbs. US$200 shipped CONUS

'EVO 8 ECU.' Actually, it came out of a Fed-spec 3G Eclipse. 2.4L 5-speed. Same thing inside. (I did the research.) Buy or make a flash cable, re-terminate your factory harness (or build an adapter from a junk non-EPROM ECU and pigtails from any junker 1G DSM), flash to Evo spec, bam. You're good to go. US$150 shipped CONUS

B&M Short Shifter for 2G DSM - SOLD. What you see is what you get. Came out of 600awhp 2G GSX a couple years ago. Never installed in either of my Galants. $50 shipped CONUS

EVO 8 cams. These things look like they were removed from a brand new Evo. Been kept clean and in oil since I got them. The RIGHT way to install these is to slot the other cam to accept the 1G DSM CAS, then either re-drill the cam gears to accept the Evo dowels (or, easier, replace with a set of aftermarket Evo cam gears). $150 shipped CONUS

Detail: stampings on cams (not sure if they help)

Detail: still look brand new, looks like factory tooling to me!

SRT4 FMIC. Barely used. This has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for years. As in, since dealerships were still selling Skittles. Tube & fin design, rear-facing inlet/outlet. Fins are really pretty good. Small dent on top of unit does not appear to be a problem. I had this installed for about two days before deciding to strip the car down again and do my front-end repairs over. $250 shipped CONUS

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Are you sure that that ECU is the same as an EVO unit? Not that I don't believe you but I've asked on a few different forums and literally gotten no answer.

boostx

It will be need to be flashed to be used for the evo.

DR1665

Quoting CutlassJim:
Are you sure that that ECU is the same as an EVO unit? Not that I don't believe you but I've asked on a few different forums and literally gotten no answer.

See this thread.

The hardware is the same. It's the flash that makes the ECU.

tyeler18

The only difference between the 3g and Evo ecu is that the 3g ecu doesn't support boost control. It does everything else with tephra mods except boost control. Simple MBC or EBC and no worries though. (I'm running an evo ecu in 736).

Sucks to see you selling it! Are you Mike? I was at the East Valley meet last night and Dave T was telling me about 2 other GVR4's in Phoenix, and I know the guy with the nile black one, not sure if you're the other?

boostedinaz

There are a few Mikes in AZ with Galants. I am one of them with a BG car and the other Mike owns #3 which is a GM black color. We were gonna try and make it out to meet up with Dave as he is an old friend but we were at my house cleaning up cars and garages. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

DR1665

It looks like 195 is going to my buddy Keith's third GVR4. His rally car is a bit munched.

Shifter is sold.
Cyclone is pending (still working on packing/shipping - will advise).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned